There is the potential for power outages tonight (Tuesday, January 9th) into tomorrow with wind and wet snow. Visit National Weather Service site for more information.
Tips for pre-outage planning for residents are:
- Wash clothes and dishes now
- Set aside potable water to drink in clean containers
- Boil water and put in a thermos for hot drinks later
- Check batteries and flashlights
- Watch out for falling snow from eaves
- Don’t approach downed lines
- Fill car gas tanks
- Have some non-perishable food on hand that does not require heating
- Fill a bucket for flushing toilets
You can see outage maps (if you have internet) at https://vtoutages.org/ or at each provider at
Check the website or call the Town Office for more information as the storm develops. If significant, sustained outages occur, we may open the Braintree Town Hall as a warming shelter.