The Town of Braintree is seeking applications for a new position: Assistant to the Town Clerk and Selectboard. This is a great position for a highly organized, reliable person who is also a good communicator and interested in learning about local and municipal government. The candidate must be someone willing to learn a variety of processes involved in carrying out the work of the town, including but not limited to:
- Election duties,
- Official town record recording,
- Handling receipt of tax payments,
- Assisting with implementing the town’s zoning bylaws,
- Recordkeeping and paperwork processing,
- Working with accounts payable and payroll, and
- Other tasks assigned by the Town Clerk/Treasurer, Selectboard, or Board of Listers.
Applicants must be familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite. Some accounting knowledge is preferred, but not required. The candidate must have strong customer service and communication skills.
This job is for 35 hrs/ week with full benefits (medical, dental, and eye care insurance).
Application available online at braintreevt.gov under the Town Clerk & Treasurer page. Call 802-728-9787 with any questions.