01/19/2021 Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Braintree Selectboard Meeting
January 19, 2021 at 6:00pm
“In accordance with the recent amendments to Vermont’s open meeting law, and in light of the ongoing public health crisis, this meeting will be held via conference call. You can access the meeting at the scheduled time by calling 802-210-4472.”
Present via Remote Conference Calling:
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Vice Chair
Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member
Tim Caulfield, Emergency Management Director
Present at the Town Office:
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chairperson
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member
Jessica Brassard, Town Clerk and Treasurer
Janice Russell, Administrative Assistant
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:00pm. A roll call was done to confirm what members and citizens were in attendance via teleconferencing.
The Board reviewed the agenda with no comments or additions being made. Ms. O’Toole added miscellaneous information regarding the Town Report and Mr. Bent added a vote for Road Commissioner to the agenda.
On motion of Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the minutes from the Regular Selectboard Meeting on January 5, 2021.
Citizen’s comments limited to 3 minutes per person with a 15 minute maximum – A citizen comment was moved to the Town Meeting Day discussion.
- Highway Report – The report was reviewed with no concerns from the Selectboard.
- Planning Commission – No report was submitted.
- Fire Advisory Representative – Mr. Bent stated that Braintree had 16 total fire calls and 196 hours of service in 2020.
- COVID-19 Follow-up
- Restructuring Office For Safety – The office door is here but it needs to be sandblasted and sanded.
- RAMAN update from Tim Caulfield – The Communications Committee of RAMAN is still working on getting the message out to remember to wash your hands, social distance and stay safe. Orange County data has dropped off since the highs in November are now down to 5 cases per day on average. There are still cases in the Randolph Area so everyone still needs to be very vigilant of the safety protocols recommended by the CDC.
- Town’s options for a potential location of sand needed to replenish the 2022-2023 Stockpile Follow-up – No updates at this time.
- FY ’22 Budget Planning Follow-up – Mss. Brassard, O’Toole, and Russell have been working on and will continue adding budget amounts into the budget spreadsheet.
- Town Meeting Day Preparation, Notices and Warning – A Braintree Citizen has inquired about still having an in-person Town Meeting with limited space. The Selectboard reiterated that there will be no in-person Town Meeting and is encouraging people to join the February 27th Meeting remotely. All town voting will be conducted through Australian Ballot on Tuesday, March 2nd. A Town Meeting Day Warning will be completed and approved during a Special Selectboard Meeting during the week of January 24th – January 31st. An informational postcard regarding Town Meeting, Elections and Candidate Forms were sent to all Braintree Households with a local zip code.
New Business –
- Town Report information – The Town Report is currently being compiled and needs to be to the printer on January 29th and will be completed and returned on February 12th. The printer confirmed that the cost for the 2020 Report would be at the same or near the same as the 2019 Report printing cost.
- A very brief discussion occurred regarding the need to officially appoint a Road Commissioner.
On motion of Mr. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously appointed Daniel Burson as the Braintree Road Commissioner
Payment orders –
On motion of Mr. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 6:55 p.m.
Janice R. Russell