Planning Commission Minutes – January 10, 2019
Braintree PC meeting, 10 Jan 2019
Joan Richmond-Hall, Nathan Cleveland, Jackson Evans
Victoria Littlefield of TRORC
Convened at 7:05 pm.
We reviewed the transportation chapter of the Town Plan and worked to incorporate suggestions made by Jeff Masterson in a 2016 meeting with the PC.
We will share the updated draft with Jeff.
We had a preliminary discussion about the final chapter to be reviewed, Land Use. The formal review will occur at our February meeting.
We reviewed the comments and suggestions made by TRORC about our existing Town Plan to be sure we will have addressed all of their concerns. We will double check these concerns in February.
- A statement or goal encouraging public participation.
- Land use: include smart-growth principles in a goal or policy.
- Transportation: include air and rail. – DONE
- Natural, scenic & cultural resources: Add a goal specific to mitigation of forest fragmentation. – This may be added to land use.
- Housing: Add a goal encouraging multi-family housing and where it might be located.
- Natural resources: add a goal or policy that addresses the need to ‘restore earth extraction’; i.e. gravel pits. – DONE
It’s worth noting that TRORC did not approve recent Town Plans from Randolph and Norwich because they did not address similar concerns and did not include all needed elements in their town plans, and failed to meet state legal standards for regional approval.
Finally, Tori has suggested that we add a table or matrix that summarizes all goals and policies of the revised plan and we agree.
Adjourned at 8:20 pm.
/s/ Joan Richmond-Hall