Minutes for Special Meeting of the Braintree Board of Listers
To Hear Grievances for the 2019-2020 Tax Year
Braintree Town Office
932 Route 12A
Braintree, VT 05060
Saturday June 1, 2019
8am – 1pm
- Call to order – 8:05am. Heather Fernandes, Derek O’Toole and Jackson Evans present.
- Scheduled Hearing for Brittany Ciampi – North Road – 8:06am. Ms Ciampi did not appear for the scheduled hearing (as she indicated she may not) nor did she submit objections in writing. Therefore the listers took no action regarding her parcel.
- Public Comment / To hear other unscheduled Grievances – none.
- Scheduled Hearing for Robert and Tay Simpson – Peth Road – 9:45am. Mr Simpson appeared before the board and offered his objections in writing. He also furnished the board with a bank appraisal of his property as well as a list of changes made to the property since that appraisal was completed. He contends that the town’s assessment of his property is too high and would like a reassessment. Following Mr Simpson’s hearing the listers entered a deliberative session to discuss his case.
- Adjournment 1:00pm – no other property owners appeared before the listers during the scheduled grievance time and the meeting was adjourned by a motion of Ms Fernandes and a second by Mr O’Toole.