Joint meeting Minutes of the Braintree Conservation & Planning Commissions
Joint meeting of the Braintree Conservation & Planning Commissions
22 June 2016
Attending: Linda Morse, Megan O’Toole, Sandy Stevens, Jenn Phipps, Linda Doane, Bob Moyer, Malcolm Fitzgerald, Joan Richmond-Hall
Convened at 7:10 pm
Discussed issues of energy siting
- CC will review TRORC regional plan regarding intersection of energy & conservation.
- PC will review the plan in its entirety and will look at new sample language TRORC has made available for zoning regarding renewable energy.
- Susan Shea of Brookfield is interested in land conservation across the three towns of Brookfield, Braintree and Randolph.
- Braintree has a map of conserved properties in Braintree.
- CC will check with Randolph to see if they’d like to jointly have VLT give a presentation to their publics.
- Particularly knotweed!
- Linda road with Jeff Masterson and mapped chervil on about 2/3 of town roads. It’s prevalent. The town isn’t mowing it, but tagging it and then cutting and removing it to the old pit and covering with black tarps.
- Select board has tasked the CC with a plan to combat knotweed on town properties and along the roads.
- There has been confusion about ownership & responsibility regarding roadside trees.
- Ash become brittle when they die and tend to snap & fall; likely to happen when EAB reaches us.
- CC may work on doing a windshield survey of roadside trees.
- The town is working on draft town tree ordinance.
- Please send comments about the tree policy to Megan
Adjourned at 8:23 pm.