04/29/2022 Approved Special Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Braintree Special Selectboard Meeting
April 29, 2022, at 6:00 pm
The meeting was held both in-person, videoconferencing and via conference call to follow Vermont’s Open Meeting Law. The meeting can be accessed via the below options:
Join the meeting: https://meetings.dialpad.com/braintreesbmotoole
Optional dial-in number: 802-210-4472 PIN: 16445
International access numbers available here: https://meetings.dialpad.com/international.”
Present at the Town Office:
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chairperson Daniel Burson, Selectboard Vice-Chair Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Janice Russell, Administrative Assistant
Michael Czok, Bent Hill Brewery Owner Chelsea Brown, Bent Hill Brewery Owner
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m. A roll call was done to confirm what members and citizens were in attendance via teleconferencing.
The Board reviewed the agenda and added the Citizens Comments section.
Citizens comments limited to 3 minutes per person with a 15-minute maximum – The owners of Bent Hill Brewery, Michael Czok and Chelsea Brown, provided documents in response to the Bent Hill Brewery discussion at the April 19, 2022, meeting. The documents will be added to the Selectboard materials for the May 3, 2022, warned and posted meeting.
- Open Meeting Law Allegations Brought by White River Valley Herald – The April 19, 2022, Selectboard Meeting was warned at the Selectboard Organizational Meeting held after Town Meeting Day. During this Organizational Meeting the Selectboard voted and posted that the Selectboard Meetings are held the first and third Tuesday of every month. The lack of the proper posting of agendas listing current topics was an inadvertent lapse due to health issues and in no way was done to prevent any information or issue from being discussed.
- Consideration and possible ratification of actions taken at the April 19, 2022, selectboard meeting:
- Approval of R.E. Tucker, Inc. Prepay Discount invoice – The Selectboard Members again discussed the R.E. Tucker, Inc. invoice and the benefits to the Town of prepaying to get the discounted price even though it will be over the budgeted line item by $225.00.
- Approval of payment orders. –
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the R.E. Tucker, Inc. Prepay Invoice of $41, 225 for sand crushing that was discussed at the April 19, 2022, meeting and the approval of the payment orders originally presented to the Board at the April 19, 2022, meeting.
- Discussion of steps to be taken regarding proper posting of agendas for Regular Selectboard Meetings – The Selectboard examined the proper posting of agendas steps and how to mitigate any future issues. Ms. Russell presented the Selectboard with the duties that will need to be completed during her absence in August. A division of the duties amongst the members was quickly settled.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 7:50 p.m.
Janice R. Russell