04/19/2022 Approved Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Braintree Selectboard Meeting
April 19, 2022 at 6:00 pm
The meeting was held both in-person, videoconferencing and via conference call to follow Vermont’s Open Meeting Law. The meeting can be accessed via the below options:
Join the meeting: https://meetings.dialpad.com/braintreesbmotoole
Optional dial-in number: 802-210-4472 PIN: 16445
International access numbers available here: https://meetings.dialpad.com/international.”
Present via Remote Conference Calling:
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chairperson Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member
Janice Russell, Administrative Assistant Colin Evans, Braintree Citizen
Present at the Town Office:
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Vice-Chairperson Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Doug Gottshall, Bent Hill Resident
Kate Van Houten, Bent Hill Resident
Mr. Burson chaired the meeting and called it to order at 6:01 pm. A roll call was done to confirm what members and citizens were in attendance via teleconferencing.
The Board reviewed the agenda and made no changes but did have a discussion on whether the meeting should continue because the agenda was not warned according to the Open Meeting Law. The Selectboard decided that there were no items on the agenda that required a vote above the normal Payment Order vote that it would proceed with the meeting.
On motion of Mr. McMeekin, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the minutes from the Regular Selectboard Meeting on April 5, 2022.
Citizens comments limited to 3 minutes per person with a 15-minute maximum – There were no citizens comments other than responses to the Bent Hill Brewery ACT 250/DRB/Zoning Permit Item listed under Old Business.
- Highway Report – The Highway Crew have been grading as much as can be done between the storms to smooth the ruts; the crew has also swept all the bridges and aprons. All the equipment is running. The new excavator is scheduled to be delivered in the beginning of May. R.E. Tucker, Inc plans to begin in early May the process of crushing gravel into sand.
- RT 12 Bridge Closing- In preparation for the work next year the Town received a request from the State’s communication company requesting information on contacts for the Randolph Village Fire Department, the White River Valley Ambulance and any other companies or Braintree residents who are not adjacent landowners but who may be impacted by the bridge closure. Ms. O’Toole will prepare and provide a list of the contacts. Mr. Haupt informed the Selectboard that he had given the contractor permission to place the project trailer partially on his East Braintree property and partially on the Town’s Right-Of-Way.
- Bent Hill Brewery Response to ACT 250 and DRB/Zoning Permits – The Selectboard has reviewed the DRB/Zoning Permits provided to Bent Hill Brewery and noted that the operating hours condition may need to be revisited, and possibly the traffic condition of no more than 2000 cars in a 90-day period. The Town’s lawyer informed Ms. O’Toole that the brewery must comply with both the Town’s DRB/Zoning land use issues and ACT 250 land use issues in their entirety. The Town does not have the expertise to conduct a traffic study, but it may be able to get assistance from TRORC. After a brief discussion it was decided that Ms. O’Toole will reach out to TRORC to ask about having a traffic study conducted in relation to the brewery. O’Toole will provide an update of her discussion with TRORC at the May 3rd meeting. The Zoning Administrator has been asked to review the permit conditions and will present the findings to the DRB.
- Cut Road Permit from GMP for Bover Road – At this time GMP has not provided a Cut Road Permit application. Mr. Burson will reach out to GMP for verification on their construction plans.
- Approval of R.E. Tucker, Inc. Prepay Invoice – The Prepay Invoice will cover sand for two years, but the amount is $225 over the 2022 line budget for sand so it needs to be approved by the Selectboard before it can be paid.
On motion of Mr. McMeekin, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the R.E. Tucker, Inc. Prepay Invoice of $41, 225 for sand crushing.
Payment orders – The Selectboard reviewed the Payment Orders.
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 6:52 p.m.
Janice R. Russell