04/05/2022 Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Braintree Selectboard Meeting
April 5, 2022 at 6:00 pm
The meeting was held both in-person, videoconferencing and via conference call to follow Vermont’s Open Meeting Law. The meeting can be accessed via the below options:
Join the meeting: https://meetings.dialpad.com/braintreesbmotoole
Optional dial-in number: 802-210-4472 PIN: 16445
International access numbers available here: https://meetings.dialpad.com/international.”
Present via Remote Conference Calling:
Present at the Town Office:
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chairperson Daniel Burson, Selectboard Vice-Chairperson Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Janice Russell, Administrative Assistant Dylan Pratt, Road Foreman Jessica Brassard, Town Clerk/Treasurer Linda Lubold, WRVA Representative Doug Gottshall, Bent Hill Resident
Kate Van Houten, Bent Hill Resident Sherrie and Ronald Tucker, Vendors-R.E. Tucker, Inc.
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:03 pm. A roll call was done to confirm what members and citizens were in attendance via teleconferencing.
The Board reviewed the agenda and made no changes.
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the minutes from the Regular Selectboard Meeting on March 15, 2022.
Citizens comments limited to 3 minutes per person with a 15 minute maximum – There were no citizens comments.
Mr. Gottshall and Ms. Van Houten reported what they believe are violations of the ACT 250 and DRB permits given to the Bent Hill Brewery and wanted a traffic survey conducted by the Town. After several questions from the Selectboard Members Ms. O’Toole informed Gottshall and Van Houten that they themselves would need to contact ACT 250 and further research would be conducted on the DRB Permit,
- Highway Report – All roads are now open. The warmer days have helped dry up the muddy roads allowed the Road Crew to get out and do some grading. Road work will continue as the conditions allow. Sherrie and Ronald Tucker of R.E. Tucker, Inc. outlined several options they have worked out to help the Town alleviate the expenses incurred in the process of getting sand and gravel for the Town roads. Mr. Haupt thanked the Tuckers for the options but wanted confirmation that these options would not be so low that the Tuckers end up losing money on the process.
- White River Valley Ambulance Representative – According to Ms. Lubold the WRVA is updating their computer technology and are applying for a cyber security grant. The new billing systems is still working out well. Personnel reviews have been completed and there are ongoing monthly staff trainings. A maintenance plan has been created for the emergency generator. A FEMA grant provided PPE that are being distributed to first responders and local towns citizens.
- Regional Emergency Management Committee Appointments – Andrew Bent has agreed to representative the Town of Braintree on this committee.
- Excavator and Trailer Rental and Contractor Costs Reports – no further information provided on this topic.
- Continued Discussion of Excavator and Trailer Pricing and possible purchase – After a lengthy discussion amongst the Selectboard Members Ms. O’Toole called for motion to either purchase an excavator or to close the topic for good.
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board voted to purchase the Lucky’s Trailer at the quoted price of $29,650 and the CASE Excavator at the contracted price of $81,921. Ms. OToole, Messrs. Bent, Burson and McMeekin voted for the purchase of the equipment and Mr. Haupt voted against the purchase of the equipment.
- Green-up Day Preparation Update – Mr. Pratt reported that the cost of recycling tires will cost the same as last year.
- Gillespie Fuels & Propane, Inc. Credit for Diesel Update – The town received a check for the full amount of the credit.
- Tax Mapping RFP – Next Steps – The current vendor the Town uses to create the Tax Maps has doubled the price this year. The Listers would like to put the work out to bid via an RFP. The RFP will add Zoning Districts and Road Classification information to the Tax Map. The Selectboard agreed that the work should go out to bid via an RFP.
- Road Cut Permit Fee or Bond – This topic originated from an email received from another Vermont Town requesting information on how other Vermont Towns/Municipalities handle Road Cut Permits. The Selectboard reviewed the responses for possible further consideration later.
- VT Rural Fire Protection Grant – Mr. Bent will continue his search for a location for a possible dry hydrant.
- Report on the ARPA Compliance and Reporting Webinar – Mses. O’Toole and Russell along with Mr. McMeekin summarized the information provided in the webinar and that the new ARPA rules now allow for a Standard Revenue Option. This option allows for the ARPA funds to be used without restrictions.
- FY’23 VT Project Selection & Prioritization Process–State & Town Highway projects. – The Selectboard reviewed the materials and had no comments at this time. The State will be providing a grant of $10,000 to the Town of Braintree to mitigate any damages caused by the detour and work being done on the project. The Selectboard will review further and forward any comments to the Administrative Assistant for the next meeting.
- Velomont Trail – Recreation Trails Program Grant Application Letter of Support – After a quick discussion the Selectboard decided to send the Letter of Support for the Velomont Trail.
- 2022 LEMP Adoption – The Selectboard did a quick review of the Town of Braintree’s LEMP.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the Town of Braintree’s 2022 LEMP.
- Bent Hill Brewery Liquor License Approval – Title 7 compliance – The Selectboard reviewed and discussed the liquor license application.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously approved the Bent Hill Brewery Liquor License – Title 7.
Payment orders – The Selectboard reviewed the Payment Orders.
On motion of Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 7:52 p.m.
Janice R. Russell