02/01/2022 Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Braintree Selectboard Meeting
February 1, 2022, at 6:00 pm
“In accordance with the cancellation of the State of Emergency Order by Governor Scott the meeting will be held both in-person and via conference call to follow Vermont’s Open Meeting Law. The meeting can be accessed at the scheduled time by calling 802-210-4472.”
Present at the Town Office:
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chairperson Charles McMeekin, Selectboard Member Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Janice Russell, Administrative Assistant
Present on the Phone:
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Vice-Chairperson Jackson Evans, ECFiber Representative
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm. A roll call was done to confirm what members and citizens were in attendance via teleconferencing.
The Board reviewed the agenda and added an Executive Meeting.
On motion of Mr. McMeekin, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the minutes from the Regular Selectboard Meeting on January 18, 2022.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously approved the minutes from the Special Selectboard Meeting on January 20, 2022.
Citizens comments are limited to 3 minutes per person with a 15-minute maximum –
- ECFiber Representative – Jackson Evans –– reported that as the Town of Braintree has been built out there is not a lot of information pertaining to Braintree. Most of the Braintree Citizens who can get connected are connected. Mr. Evans briefly summarized the Tunbridge Dairy Farmer lawsuit. At Town Meeting the topic of the vacant ECFiber Representative and Alternate Representative positions will be mentioned. Without a representative the Town of Braintree really doesn’t have a voice regarding making policies, budgets etc.
- Highway Report – Mr. Pratt discussed the possible improvements to a Class 4 Road so a turnaround can be created for the plow trucks. He also reported that it was a defective sensor causing the problem with the Loader and the part has been ordered.
- Regional Emergency Management Committee Appointments – A posting has been placed on the Braintree Facebook page seeking a volunteer to fill this position. Other towns in the area are also lacking an appointee to this committee. If no appointee has been found before Town Meeting the topic will be brought to the floor.
- Update on progress of Town Report – The 2021 Town Report was delivered to the printer on Thursday, January 27th and is expected to be completed by Tuesday, February 14th. The delivery routes are being updated and delivery volunteers will be contacted.
- Cannabis Control Board Guidance for Municipalities – The Selectboard reviewed the guidance manual supplied by the State of Vermont. Before a town can opt into allowing cannabis retail, the town’s citizens must vote to allow said retail. There has been no cannabis retail request brought before the Selectboard and if a request is brought then it would now have to wait until the 2023 Town Meeting for a vote.
- 2022 Reapportionment (Redistricting) H.589 – The State of Vermont Office of Legislative Council provided notification that the House of the General Assembly has passed H.589 Redistricting. The Town of Braintree has already presented a response to this new redistricting.
- 2022 PACIF Coverage Document – An examination of the document was conducted with the conclusion that there are no changes to the coverage from last year.
Payment orders – The Selectboard reviewed the Payment Orders.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. O’Toole, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously voted to enter an Executive Session at 6:40 P.M. for a discussion pursuant to 1 V.S.A. Section 313 (a)(2).
At 7:05 p.m. the board came out of the Executive Session with no action taken at this time that required a vote.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 7:05 p.m.
Janice R. Russell