In the event of an emergency, please dial 911.
For general law enforcement assistance and matters, please contact the Vermont State Police, Royalton Barracks: 802-234-9933.
Steve Brassard serves as Braintree’s Constable. He can be reached at 728-3157.
Pursuant to 24 V.S.A Section 1936a, the Town Constable may perform the following duties:
(1) the service of civil or criminal process, under 12 V.S.A. § 691;
(2) destruction of animals, in accordance with the provisions of 20 V.S.A. chapter 193;
(3) the killing of injured deer, under 10 V.S.A. § 4749;
(4) provision of assistance to the health officer in the discharge of the health officer’s duties, under 18 V.S.A. § 617;
(5) service as a Criminal Division of the Superior Court officer, under section 296 of this title;
(6) removal of disorderly people from town meeting, under 17 V.S.A. § 2659; and
(7) collection of taxes, when no tax collector is elected, as provided under section 1529 of this title.