× Close

Green-Up Day is Saturday, May 4, 2024. As usual, there will be a trash dumpster at the Town Office Parking Lot for Green Bag garbage only and other items picked up on the side of the roads. The Green Bags… Read More...



In the event of an emergency, please dial 911.

For general law enforcement assistance and matters, please contact the Vermont State Police, Royalton Barracks: 802-234-9933.

Steve Brassard serves as Braintree’s Constable. He can be reached at 728-3157.

Pursuant to 24 V.S.A Section 1936a, the Town Constable may perform the following duties:

(1) the service of civil or criminal process, under 12 V.S.A. § 691;

(2) destruction of animals, in accordance with the provisions of 20 V.S.A. chapter 193;

(3) the killing of injured deer, under 10 V.S.A. § 4749;

(4) provision of assistance to the health officer in the discharge of the health officer’s duties, under 18 V.S.A. § 617;

(5) service as a Criminal Division of the Superior Court officer, under section 296 of this title;

(6) removal of disorderly people from town meeting, under 17 V.S.A. § 2659; and

(7) collection of taxes, when no tax collector is elected, as provided under section 1529 of this title.